Friday 22 May 2015

Feeling lucky

I am feeling two things at the moment. The first is the fact that tomorrow I will be cycling in Europe, and will be doing so for a month.
Lucky.
The second is the feeling of a nasty cold invading my body.
Unlucky.

In less than 24 hours, I will be on my loaded bike, actually doing what I have spent years thinking about, and the last few months planning for. I am excited, nervous and stressed, but the best feeling is how fortunate I am to have this opportunity to make a dream a reality.

Quite often we talk about things we would like to do, and usually assign them to a mental list to be done 'one day'.
A few years back I wanted to do this trip, but lack of planning and timing and possibly a few other things got in the way, and the dream never took form. I had told everyone that I was doing this trip, talked a good game, explained everything I wanted to do, and then let them all down by not doing the trip.

The feeling that I had let my friends, as well as myself, down stuck with me and continued to nag me over the years. I decided to dust off the original plans, freshen them up a bit with new locations and commit to completing this this year.
Work was kind enough to give me the required time off, and motivation from colleagues and fellow travelers fueled the fire.

A lot of time has been spent looking at maps, finding interesting places to visit and mountains to climb. A similar amount of time has been spent dreaming about actually being in the places I have only seen either online or in 2D on a map.

Tomorrow the 3D version is released.

Feeling lucky.
Woop woop.

No comments :

Post a Comment