Monday 8 May 2017

The months Past and Future

Looking back over a summer spent in Cape Town, it is hard to believe that the time here is up. It feels like only yesterday that I arrived.

Since then there have been beach days galore; breakfast on the beach, drinks on the beach, sandcastles built on the beach, cricket on the beach...(you get the point).

When not at the beach I was out cycling, firstly prepping for the Cape Town Cycle Tour, which was blown out by strong winds, and secondly for my upcoming cycling trip to Canada.
Down time was spent poring over maps, making contact with Canadian friends, planning routes and alternative routes, and generally trying to learn as much about Canada as possible.

Lazy days in Kalk Bay, having late breakfasts, and lunches, whizzed by. Sunset drinks in Noordhoek, and feeds at the Food Market. Cuddles with my new niece, Skye, braais with family and friends, early morning running and cycling; each day was filled with activities.

Then the British contingent arrived. Thanks to all those that made the trip over to SA for various reasons, I am glad we managed to catch up and celebrate those things that needed celebrating.

Relaxing time away in the Cedarberg and Warmwaterberg hot springs was greatly appreciated, as my brain was saturated with all things Canadian.

Those were Months Past.
Now for Months Future.

A quick stopover in London to say helloooo to friends, watch a rugby tournament dressed as a Greek god, and to swap wheels. A carbon road bike for a full steel touring bike.
And to make sure my camping gear is in working order.
That's kinda important.

I have a long list of things to complete before my flight to Vancouver at the end of the month, and a fairly rammed social calendar to make things even more exciting.

***

The trip to South Africa has been amazing, and the trip to Canada, I can only imagine, should be as mind-blowing.
SO much lies in store in the next few months, I am quite excited to say the least.

No comments :

Post a Comment