Wednesday 14 June 2017

Day 12: Golden (Rest day)

I woke up feeling very heavy and flat this morning.
Yesterday's ride in the cold and wet had certainly drained me.

I stayed in bed as the light drizzle continued to fall. I think it had been raining all night,

Pre-lunch snack
I eventually got up and headed into town, with the intention of getting this blog updated. By the time I got into town it was nearly lunchtime, so I ducked into the Tap Room and had a local beer and some poutine. My body needed fuel.
Post-snack snack
I stayed at the Tap Room for a few hours, had a second lunch and another beer, and then headed back to the tent for a doze.

Music to be held on the right
Being a Wednesday, there was to be live music in the town square, starting at 7. I headed back into town for that, grabbed a drink at the bar and listened to the tunes. This music is a summer-long event that is held every Wednesday, and tonight was the first one.

I got talking to a couple that had just been to Malawi, and when they found out I was from South Africa they got really excited. They had met other South Africans in Malawi and thought they were pretty cool, so were quite happy to talk to me all evening. The girl had even had a tattoo of Malawi placed on her wrist!

The music ended. I went back to the tent and fell asleep instantly.

Tomorrow would be Lake Louise.



LOOONG, noisy trains run past ALL night


No comments :

Post a Comment