Sunday 4 June 2017

Day 2: Hope (I recover)

Lapel pins from Richard
Today was supposed to go a bit like this:

Get up.
Have breakfast.
Get on bike.
Ride to Manning Park.
Simple.

Not so.

I woke up with a pounding headache and a very heavy body. This wasn't a good start to a day that was to involve a LOT of climbing.
I made a call early and decided to spend the day in Hope, resting and recovering.
Pasta and chili

Back to bed then!
I snoozed for another few hours and then headed into town to take a look around, as well as investigate any options for getting to Manning Park that day.

I eventually let my desire to press on go, and accepted the fact that I would be in town for another night. Once I had done that, I relaxed a little.
The campsite was only $15/night anyway, not exactly breaking the bank.

I met Richard in camp. He was from the Northern territories, and he gave me 2 lapel badges and a card. He was cruising in BC on his motorbike.

Feeling groggy in Hope
Annie Regner, from BC, was also riding to Manning Park tomorrow, so I had a quick chat with her about the route. She was worried about the climbing too, and it was supposed to be 28C!
Annie rides a Surly Disc Trucker, the same frame as mine but with disc brakes. A nice ride.

The rest of the day past lazily and it was soon dinner and bed time.

No addition to yesterday's stats.


Old cars on tour for Canada 150 celebrations




No comments :

Post a Comment