Saturday 10 June 2017

Day 8: Enderby to Sicamous

Rain was forecast for today, and when I woke it was starting to drizzle.
Rain.
In a mad dash that would have impressed Beep-Beep Roadrunner, I had all my bags and bike and tent under the cover of the cookhouse.

A few of the campsites have a covered shelter with benches and a wood burning stove, ideal for me to hang my tent and pack my bags, without being exposed to the elements.

In a moment of brilliance, I realised I could watch the Springboks this morning, being the South African afternoon.
Best get a brew on then Kev!

Sicamous.
Laptop on, game streaming, wrapped up warm with rain pouring down, I was in quite a happy place.
An even better place once the French had been beaten.

Nice work Dennis
A quick check on the whereabouts of the SPOT, I packed up and headed out of town. Today was a short day, only to Sicamous, as the highway to Revelstoke was closed due to a landslide.

Rain along the way soon had me soaked, but the end was in sight. Rolling into Sicamous, Dennis and Jane met me and we grabbed some food for lunch.
With the rain came a cold wind, and I was frozen!
Jane and Dennis had arranged an AirBnB for the night, and Jane quickly asked Gary if I could join them.
Thanks to Gary for accommodating me on such short notice.

"Not a problem."

Dennis BBQ'd, Jane made a pasta salad, I made caramelised asparagus.
What a feast!

I slept well that night. In a proper bed. With too many pillows and everything!

Distance: 43.7 km
Time: 2:08:07

Height gained/lost: 296m /-271m

Calories: 1369




Cold bear? Beer?


Jane working her magic
Just tasty



Houseboats

1 comment :

  1. Nice treat! You need to spoil yourself from time to time.

    ReplyDelete