Tuesday 11 July 2017

Day 41: Bassano to Medicine Hat

I got up early this morning as it was going to be another long day in the saddle.
The rain was still falling, the thunder was still rumbling and it was just a good day to stay in bed, in my opinion.
I left the camp at 8, in the rain, but at least it was warm, and accompanied by a tailwind. I was soaked within 200m.

The wind was pushing me eastwards at 28km/h, so I couldn't really complain about the wet. It rained on me for 2 hours before I decided to stop in at Brooks, and have my first Tim Horton's.
I decided it was time for an early lunch, so grabbed a bowl of chilli and a hot chocolate and enjoyed eating that while the rain traced wet lines down the window.
The rain was stopping as I emerged from my 'lunch break', but thankfully the wind stayed at my back for the day.

There are not many places to stop along the road today, the route was rolling but the riding overall was easy.

I am staying at the Gas City campsite in Medicine Hat tonight and have worked up a rather massive appetite.
Dinner was at Ricky's, a short walk from the campsite, and consisted of a few beers, a poutine starter and a lasagne, garlic roll and salad main.


Fed.
Time for sleep now.

Distance: 154 km
Time: 5:45:51

Height gained/lost: 326m /-408m

Calories: 5023

1 comment :