Monday 24 July 2017

Day 54: Brandon to MacGregor

Paying it forward.

I left camp on time this morning, feeling bouyed by the goodwill from last night.
As I reached the junction with the main road, I noticed a girl pushing her bike up the road. I cycled up behind her and asked if all was OK. She didn't really know but said that pedalling was really hard this morning.
I checked the tyres and felt that they were extremely flat, so I pumped them up for her. Tyres hard, she jumped back onto the bike and sped off, wishing me a good day.

For some reason she reminded me of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

It was hot and humid today, very muggy and energy sapping, with an annoying, and quite strong, crosswind. I stopped in Carbury for lunch and filled up on water and extra treats. I use treats as a reward to myself on tough days.

"You can have a wine gum at 55km!"

My aim today was Portage La Prairie, so I stopped in MacGregor for dinner supplies. Once off the bike I realised how drained I was, so decided to stay in town for the night. There was also supposed to be a thunderstorm from 6pm, so wanted to setup camp before the weather hit.

I met another couple at the campsite who were driving across the country, and they invited me out for dinner. I guess good deeds do pay forward.

I put my bike and bags under a tree this evening just in case of rain.

Distance: 102.6 km
Time: 5:06:50

Height gained/lost: 185m /-248m

Calories: 2732
What country am I in..?

No comments :

Post a Comment