Saturday 5 August 2017

Day 66: Terrace Bay to Marathon

The Legs be Tired.

The legs are tired and aching today, Very tired. The slog from Nipigon yesterday had once again sapped the strength from them.
I slept OK in the school grounds, nobody bothered me. I was up and packed early, which took me by surprise, as I usually dawdle in the mornings.
I rolled the hills all day as I had no strength, the legs were empty but it didn't stop me cresting each hill.
I seem to be OK in the lower gears.

I saw some amazing railway bridges and reflective lakes during today's ride, but the descents of each hill I climb seem to be getting shorter!

I checked into the campsite at Penn Lake Park and setup on the lake shore, moments before a(nother) thunder and rain storm rolled through. I slept in the tent for an hour while it rained outside, what a great feeling to wake up rested and still have daylight left. Aaah.
The only downside were the (very) noisy kids who said 'Hi' to me every time they walked or cycled past my site, which was extremely often!

I cycled into town for dinner supplies and raced back to cook before the next rain shower hit, which I managed just in time.
Dinner was served in my tent as rain forced play indoors.

I met Jen and Houston, from OT, who were hiking and paddling for a couple of weeks. We exchanged details and will hopefully meet up later down the road.

I was in bed by 9pm, but the kids kept cruisin' by until well after 10 ( I think).

Distance: 84 km
Time: 4:25:12
Height gained/lost: 952m /-975m

Calories: 2800

No comments :

Post a Comment