Monday 14 August 2017

Day 75: Serpent River to Sheguiandah

I said goodbye to my fellow campers and travellers this morning and set off towards Manitoulin Island, the largest freshwater island in the world.
The morning was cool with high cloud, and mist on the river. Very calm. The wind was in my favour and I was soon making good progress. I felt rested and had slept very well - perhaps it was the cooler night that did it?

Winding roads, small towns and lakes dotted the landscape, and when I turned off the highway at Espanola I met a guy who offered to host me for the night. Unfortunately he was a little off my route, so I had to pass.

My camp for tonight was just past Little Current, so I stocked up on food before making the 9km trek down the road to Sheguiandah.
My legs gave up on me shortly afterwards and I struggled into camp, tired and hungry.
I setup the tent, showered, then hit the restaurant for dinner as I couldn't be bothered to cook.

Poutine and burgers and a Coke followed. Once satisfied, I zipped myself into my tent and slept like a log.

Distance: 130 km
Time: 6:19:13
Height gained/lost: 778m /-795m

Calories: 3967


1 comment :

  1. Food and Sleep - Very important. I can only imagine how much all this cycling take out of you.

    ReplyDelete