Friday 18 August 2017

Day 79: Primrose to Georgetown

Today would be a quick and easy spin down into Georgetown to meet Tracey and the family. With strong crosswinds and rolling hills, the 60km took me a little longer than expected.
The last few kilometres that lead into Georgetown were along the Rail Trail, a beautifully green and quite trail that leads through the backcountry and avoids all highways and traffic.

My legs are feeling surprisingly good after yesterday's effort, so managed to arrive at 1300, pretty much exactly when I said I would.

A soak in a hot bath and a tasty pasta lunch soon had me on the road to relaxation. After a nap, the kids had me playing soccer and frisbee on the lawn.

It was amazing to see Tracey again after all these years. Growing up, we saw each other every December in Cape Town for a few weeks. I think it has been about 17 years since we last saw each other!

We all went into Acton this evening for a game of "Jeoparody", which we came second in. Out of 2 teams!
Home for tea and "Balaklava".

Distance: 58.6 km
Time: 2:58:25
Height gained/lost: 484m /-683m

Calories: 1826

Sign spotted on the road

1 comment :

  1. Just love the sign! Great to catch up with Tracey - and to still have the energy to play with the kids!

    ReplyDelete