Tuesday 22 August 2017

Day 83: Georgetown to Scarborough

Pouring rain, thunder and lightning delayed my departure this morning, so I only left the house at 1030. The kids had to get the 'last touch' as I cycled off.

The ride to Port Credit was great, downhill and with a tailwind. And on quiet roads too. Once in Port Credit, I stayed on the cycle path all the way into Toronto. I stopped and took a few photos of the city as I approached, but the storm brewing behind me forced me to hurry on and find shelter.

I had lunch at the Amsterdam brewery while it rained in buckets.

The last 30km to Scarborough took me ages at the traffic on Kings Road was almost at a standstill.

I arrived at about 5.30, met Malcolm's wife and kids, and settled in for the evening.
A hot bath and Chinese takeout soon had me relaxed, and I slept really well.

Distance: 95 km
Time: 4:25:04
Height gained/lost: 538m /-686m

Calories: 3008

1 comment :

  1. Too bad about the rain - we could do with it here in The Western Cape! Lovely adventures you are having. Great people you are meeting.

    ReplyDelete