Thursday 31 August 2017

Day 92: Beaconsfield - Downtown Montreal

Lots of flies again today as I cycled along the river... I am trying not to inhale as many!

Once again there is plenty of history along this stretch of the river, but being in Quebec it is ALL in French! I saw a lot of historical looking buildings, churches and windmills but didn't learn anything about them.

I made it into Montreal in good time, just before lunch in fact, as I was meeting a London work for lunch. I dropped my bike and bags off at the hostel and showered and met Brian for lunch and a few beers.

Brian and I parted ways and I headed back to hostel for a nap, followed by drinks downstairs in the bar. Drinks turned into beer pong, which then progressed to include fancy dress. Dinner was provided and was corn on the cob, as much as you could eat.

I think I ate 6 ears, and it was delicious!

Distance: 38.7 km
Time: 2:03:51
Height gained/lost: 219m /-254m

Calories: 1123

1 comment :

  1. Six mielies! After all that cycling, I'm not surprised

    ReplyDelete