Tuesday 12 September 2017

Day 104: Cabano to Edmunston

I woke to the patter of feet going past the tent this morning.
Runner's feet.

Caught in the act.
I got up and packed the tent and had a breakfast of tea and cereal, and leftover pizza. It was touch and go for a moment as I caught Webber going in for the last slice!

Stephen and Aaron headed off early to find a Timmies for the usual coffee fix, so Matt, Amy and I took a relaxed ride through and met them a little later.
We were back on the trail today, riding along the lake. Fall is now in full swing, so the maple trees are turning an amazing shade of orange then red. It is beautiful, like nothing I have ever seen before.

Amy, Matt and Stephen
We crossed the border into New Brunswick at lunchtime, so stopped for a bite to eat in the shade of a Lancaster. For some reason we were all tired again today, so the afternoon session took a little while to get underway.

We rolled into Edmunston in the late afternoon, and stocked up on food at the Atlantic Superstore. Due to a communication error, I bought food to cook while the others bought ready-made meals, and ate at the store.
Lancaster at New Brunswick border

I packed the food into my bags and headed down the road to the Walmart where we would be camping for the night.
A few RV's were already there when I arrived, so I didn't feel too bad unpacking and setting up my stove. I must admit I may have looked a little out of place, sitting on the sidewalk, barefoot, beer in hand, cooking rice and not a care in the world.

Le Petit Sault beers
I also needed some time to myself after riding in a group for the last few days. I seem to have lost the adventurous spirit as I was just following and not thinking for myself. Maybe it was time for me to move on, alone.

Camping, or glamping, at the Walmart's has been easy. Each store has Wifi, washrooms inside and a huge patch of grass outside. It's as though it was meant for camping!

Distance: 69 km
Time: 3:48:49
Height gained/lost: 574m /-608m

Calories: 2117

Glamping at Walmart

No comments :

Post a Comment