Monday 18 September 2017

Day 111: Riverview to PEI

We thanked Brad for the hospitality and cruised down into Moncton, stopping at Tim Horton's for the usual. Aaron and I parted ways today, he was heading down the 6 towards Halifax, I was heading towards PEI via Shediac.

I stopped at Mike's bike shop and purchased a cheap tyre in case my worn front tyre decided to quit on me.

I arrived in Shediac, saw the world's biggest lobster and then took the 955 all the way to the Confederation Bridge. Headwind all the way made it a tough ride, but the scenery was lovely. Smelling the sea again after months inland was amazing.

I eventually made it to the bridge and got the free shuttle across. No bikes are allowed on the bridge.
Jane and Dennis, from earlier in BC, met me and drove me to their lovely house in Summerside.

Beer, steak and salad for dinner, what a treat!

Distance: 112 km
Time: 5:19:15
Height gained/lost: 544m /-547m

Calories: 3363


No comments :

Post a Comment